Detailed Assessment of Speed of Handwriting, 2nd Edition (DASH2)
DUE OUT IN 2024
- Anna Barnett; Sheila E Henderson and Beverly Scheib
The DASH–2 can be used to identify children and young adults with handwriting speed difficulties.
Benefits of DASH–2
- Provides standardised subtest scores for a variety of different handwriting tasks
- Offers objective evidence on which to base applications for special accommodations in education settings
- Suitable for both individual and group administration
- Offers reliability, based on nationally stratified normative samples of over 1000 children and young adults collected across the UK and Australia between 2021 and 2023
DASH–2 includes 5 subtests that are administered and scored by hand and allow comparison of handwriting performance during written tasks with varying demands.
The DASH–2 subtests:
- Copy Best
- Alphabet Writing
- Copy Fast
- Free Writing
- Graphic Speed